We apologize for not getting this out to you sooner, but we have a good excuse. We've been working night and day to bring the issues that unify urban and rural Texas out to the public with a big bang and this dude, Tex, VERY SOON!
We'll be reporting about it on this Saturday’s conference call at 9 am. (Remember, we now hold these calls every other Saturday at 9 am). If you do not yet have the call-in instructions, just reply to this message or call us.
Here’s a quick report from last week and leading up to this Saturday's call:
- We are working on a total makeover of our website, and planning crowdfunding (reaching large numbers of people for small donations), to get Texas independents on the map, in the media and on the radar of legislators.
- We are working on a statewide petition drive to unite urban and rural Texans to protect our property rights, water, air and political rights. We'll share this on Saturday before we launch it, to get your feedback.
- We are tracking important interim legislative hearings on groundwater – a full day of hearings yesterday and another today. We're going to give you a 15-minute report by League board member and water rights ace, Michele Gangnes! (Note that the 'hide the ball' tactics of the oil and gas industry were there too.)
- We are setting up forums in S. Ft. Worth (August 16th) geared towards younger urban voters and picking up chapters in E. Texas! What about you? We're looking for you to help us set up more in July, August and September.
- We are planning a statewide meeting to hammer out our plan for the 2015 legislative session. We will discuss the date and place this Saturday and how our by-laws are set up for chapter development and election to our statewide board.
Here's how you can help right now!
- Get your friends to sign up for FREE to receive our emails right here.
- Give us your beefs! Go here to TellTEX -- he will explain it. The more original content (your folksy comments) we have, the more we're easily were more to be found on the internet. See Tex be bowled over by the brilliance of your comments!
- If you have already paid your dues, get a friend to join us! Those dues fuel our efforts to beat the big money! Join here.
That's it for now. Hope to "see" ya on Saturday. Ride 'em high (the lobbies that is) Texans!
This entire message is posted here for you to share with others -- and leave a comment.
League of Independent Voters of Texas
PO Box 651 * Bastrop, TX 78602
512-213-4511 * 512-657-2089 cell
P.S. Do you know how to do a short personal video? If so, let's talk!